Sunday, October 24, 2021

Get a shot, or quit your job?

    Recently I read a story about two people who lived in Oregon. The wife was a dental hygienist (who made $80,000 a year), and the husband worked as a maintenance worker at a medical clinic. They loved their jobs; they enjoyed what they did. However, their work required them to get a COVID vaccine shot, or show proof that they received one. Shot, or lose their jobs. Very simple.

   So, they quit. They drove to Florida in a motorhome, and are looking for work. Florida was chosen mainly because of the lax vaccine mandate. They had their reasons for what they did, but I can't help thinking of how my own life would go if I did that: quit my job, because I didn't want a shot. I don't make near $80,000 a year, but my job is still My Job. I have responsibilities and obligations, and turning down a shot and quitting my job over it just isn't sane to me.
   People use religious/fear-based/warped logic/"I did my own research!" reasoning to tell you why they aren't going to get it, when in fact what they're doing is putting themselves and others at risk, because of what someone Orange said in 2020 when they decided to play at being smarter than they were.    

   Look, I don't care what someone's reasoning is, but it still comes down to what's best for myself and my family. I'll gladly take the shot if it means keeping a job, and taking steps to protect myself and my family.

   Do what you want, but don't try to make yourself into a martyr over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yep...Still here...

    Well.     How have you all been? I hope you're all doing well. Myself? Well, not bad. Some interesting things have been going on rec...