Friday, September 6, 2024

I am now official!

   Well, they kept their word!

 The place I was a contract worker for, officially hired me on! It's a good feeling, especially when you consider I'll be hitting the ol' Retirement Age within ten years (Really? Yes, really!) But, I plan on hanging on a bit after, if I can. It's the least I can do for them, since they actually want me there. It's a good feeling, let me tell you.To give you an idea of why I'm happy to be here, here's a list of jobs I've had (at least those off the top of my head):

*Custodial

*Retail (comic book shop, toy store (two different ones), Sharper Image-type store, curtain retailer)

*Food service (McDonald's, cook for a small restaurant, steakhouse dishwasher/cleanup (my first job, by the way!))

*Weatherproofing school buildings

*Manufacturing (making de-burring tools for steel, insulating exhaust systems,  making tire-pressure gauges, industrial lifts (current job))

  Yes, that's 13 jobs I've had in my life (at least those I can remember). Some of them are no longer around, and a few were for the summer while I was in school. But now, I (hopefully!) will not have to look anymore. It's a good feeling.

  And here's hoping your situation is a good one, as well.

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am now official!

   Well, they kept their word!  The place I was a contract worker for, officially hired me on! It's a good feeling, especially when you ...