Saturday, July 24, 2021

Oh No! They changed the team name!

 Recently, the Cleveland Indian baseball team decided to change the team name from 'Indians', to 'Guardians'. Haven't heard any whining about it yet, but I feel it's coming. Probably be people burning jerseys and hats and what-not, screaming about how "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS AND CANCEL CULTURE ARE RUINING 'MURRICA!!!!!!" or some such shit. Not really realizing that their value *just might* go up, since they won't be made anymore, but whatever. 

Personally, I don't care. I'm not a Cleveland fan, so it doesn't bother me. Just like when Washington changed their football team name from Redskins to Football Team (placeholder alert!). Even though I'm not a member of a Native American tribe, 'Redskins' didn't really sit well with me in the first place. Some people might not it a big deal - "We're actually HONORING them, really!" - how would they feel if they named the team THIS:

 

Although to be honest, this might be a better name than the one they have now.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yep...Still here...

    Well.     How have you all been? I hope you're all doing well. Myself? Well, not bad. Some interesting things have been going on rec...